Procedure if Brother file case for partition of the resident property

I have two sisters and one brother we have one small house in the name of father , father expired 7 years back elder sister married away other younger sister bought a house in her name with 10 lakhs (4 lakhs of her own money and rest 6 lakhs of my father's lying in bank she withdrawn without my concennt since it she has signing authority ) and moved with my mother to her new house . Now my brother says he need money so he wants make partetion of our fathers house where I live now I told you three people have your own houses i don't have my own let me stay here till mothers survival. After that let us decide . Then let us sell the house and devide found equally or i will purchase the same house give you money the value decided by you But my brother not agreeing all it need now otherwise he tells he will throw me out and put a case in court. All I want a advice from you that if my bother files a case then will court ask me to vacate the house immediatel ?

Answers (1)

It being dwelling house very small in size, CO sharer has a right of residence and cannot b ousted either by force nor filing of suit in court results in your removal from house. U must contest the suit on ground that partition being impossible, the property may either b sold or the proportionate value as may b assessed by court b offered to b paid by u to retain the entire house. Even otherwise decision in suit and effecting partition is bound to take years together so u need not worry for the present

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

My brother wants to take forcible possession over a part of my property that has been Willed to me by my father through a Registered Will. I am stayin…

Read More

My father didn't name his property after anyone.Now that he is no more,being a daughter ,do I get any share of the property as per law and if yes …

Read More

Hie.. it's been 25 years since this case is pending.. 4 sons and 1 daughter to my grandmother.. she owned the property.. later she gave it to d yo…

Read More

I am from hindu religion . I have 3 brothers . Me and my elder brothers works in defence services. My other brother live with my mother. My mother did…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue