Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Previous owner received notice after court reopened case after 5 years

Sir, My Grandfather gifted me a piece of land during 2009. A person claimed ownership and we put the case in court. He did not attend the hearings and hence the case was disposed in 2013. I sold the land to a different person after court disposed the case.In Nov 2017, the opposite party lawyer has sent a notice that they will reopen the case. I also received a court summon in Jan 2018 to attend court hearing to be held in Feb 2018. My questions are, how can court reopen case after 5 years and now that I am not the owner of the piece of land, how will it affect me and the party whom I sold to? I am Hindu and Female.

Answers (3)

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @ lawrato.com

You got the Exparte Judgement in your case, for which that the opposite party filed re-open petition to contest the case and to filed his written statement now third person become the owner of the land so that it compulsory to make him/her as a party to that suit, you only filed that suit so that cause action is arose on you but also to the third person who become the owner now, for more details and clarification you have to consult me through this website.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes court has right to reopen the case but by filing a reply to it we can close the case we have to file a petition stating that an order was passed in our favor and basing on that and title is also on my name

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience

you can file vakalat and file counter stating the no reasons for condonation of delay as the delay is enormous and you can seek the court to dismiss the petition with compensatory costs so please attend the court and file counter

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

After death of my father my mother gifted the flat to my brother (we are two sisters and one brother). My brother died recently. Now my brother's …

Read More

Ii have 2 name in property one of name is my what should i do release deed or gift deed in vashi navi mumbai in which one less money…

Read More

My father before his death, gave a gift DD to my sister about 75% of total property. Remaining property is undiveded. After his death, now she is aski…

Read More

My grandfather has gifted 1st floor of house to my father and ground floor to my uncle i.e my father's brother. i have separate road which only be…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue