×

Previous owner received notice after court reopened case after 5 years

Sir, My Grandfather gifted me a piece of land during 2009. A person claimed ownership and we put the case in court. He did not attend the hearings and hence the case was disposed in 2013. I sold the land to a different person after court disposed the case.In Nov 2017, the opposite party lawyer has sent a notice that they will reopen the case. I also received a court summon in Jan 2018 to attend court hearing to be held in Feb 2018. My questions are, how can court reopen case after 5 years and now that I am not the owner of the piece of land, how will it affect me and the party whom I sold to? I am Hindu and Female.

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @ lawrato.com

You got the Exparte Judgement in your case, for which that the opposite party filed re-open petition to contest the case and to filed his written statement now third person become the owner of the land so that it compulsory to make him/her as a party to that suit, you only filed that suit so that cause action is arose on you but also to the third person who become the owner now, for more details and clarification you have to consult me through this website.

Yes court has right to reopen the case but by filing a reply to it we can close the case we have to file a petition stating that an order was passed in our favor and basing on that and title is also on my name

you can file vakalat and file counter stating the no reasons for condonation of delay as the delay is enormous and you can seek the court to dismiss the petition with compensatory costs so please attend the court and file counter