Partition and Relinquishment Deed

Mr A expired without WILL and left his Mother, Wife, son and two daughters. Out of 5 Legal heirs, 4 members written a Partition Deed leaving Mr A's mother. Recently they came to know that this is not correct as per Law. Now what is the solution? Can grand mother write a relinquishment deed/ratification/WILL to his grand son or cancel and go for a fresh partition[hectic to bring all the parities once again]. Please advise.

Answers (1)

128 votes

The best option will be to have the ratification deed signed by all of the legal heirs of A.
The Second best option could be that your grand mother can execute a registered relinquishment deed of her share in A's properties and the same can be either attached as a rectification deed or as an additional document.
Still prefer the first option as first option will stand the test of law right at the outset whereas the second option will also stand the test of law, but after a legal opinion.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles