Parents seperated how to claim share in father's property

My father died before 2 days.I belong to hindu,Coimbatore,pillai father and mother got separated before 30 years.I stayed with my father,my mother and sister lived seperately,but they aren't father didn't write any document,so how do they divide the property..into three shares?already my father had given my mother 14 cents of land and with that they have done marriage for my sister... Now if my sister and mother say we don't want the house.what is the procedure to document it?and also I want to know,if they say after sometime we want a share should I have to give them

Answers (1)

195 votes

your sister and you will get a equal share in your father estate at his demise. However if your sister is willing to give the property to you you can retain the same by way of a settlement deed from your sister. your sister can not reclaim the property once she parted it to you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles