Parents died without any will want to claim my share

I am living in Uk and both of my parents passed away without a will. In trust I signed the paperwork of the property in favour of my sister as she was living in India so that she can look after the construction of property. I also agreed that she can have floor and I will have 2 floors and now she has moved into the property and not transferring my share to me. What are the options for me.

Answers (3)

215 votes

first you look upon the trust paper what exactly written on case parents die without any will all the children will get the property in equal amount by virtue of hindu succession act. ...........

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

238 votes

You can file a suit for partition and cancellation of document which you had executed in favour of your sister.The nature of document which you had executed in favour of your sister would need to be seen.Since your mother died intestate ( without a will), the property will devolve upon her class I legal heirs i.e. your sister and you, as per laws of succession, with both of you getting 1/2 share each.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
237 votes

Respected Sir, You have to file Civil Suit Petition in the Honourable Court of your jurisdictions against your sister for your share. Based on your evidence judge will decide your case. You can contact us.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles