Ownership transfer in case of death without signing will

I live in joint family, my husband died three years back, whereas I am possessing the plot in which i live with my three sons however, the GPA of the plot is in the name of my brother in law who was the only(younger) brother of my Husband however, he along with his wife died three months back leaving behind two daughters who are living with their maternal family, my mother in law also, he left few more properties at his name, not sure whether all are having GPA status or the registered one. I have three sons, now want to know whether they have rights on the property. What if my husbands sister made legal documents at the name of their sons by fooling my mother in law as she is mentally not fit.

Answers (2)

We will need to check the GPA to see the powers being entrusted. Was this a sale being made through previous to the year 2007 and before the Suraj Lamps Law was implemented ?
Regardless, you will need to proceed under the succession act and claim the right to administer the assets, and subsequently proceed with properly being mutated/ transferee to your/your sons names.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello client hru.
I have read Ur full query as per which Ur husband died 3 years back leaving behind a property. Which was in Ur husband younger brother's name near about three month back Ur brother in law along with his wife he also expired they have 2 daughters' living in three maternal family member's in this condition yes your property is at risk asbur also saying Ur mother in law is not at all mentally fit in this matter immediately you have eto take the legal actions to save Ur property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Is power of sale to a mortgagee without court intervention, legal and valid in a mortgage contract ?…

Read More

i need to execute a POA in Kolkata for a sale of property in Rajasthan. Can you please tell me what should be the value of the POA…

Read More

Dear Sir / Mam I want to ask a question related to General Power of attorney. I have a house fully in my possession with electricity meter and house t…

Read More

In 2012 I have purchased a property through GPA my mother, since I was in abroad. Still now GPA Not cancelled in SRO. Now I am back to India and in po…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue