×

quesOn whose name sales deed stamp paper are brought for registration

Regarding sale deed stamp paper for registration is generally bought in the name of purchaser i.e., one who pays the amount to buy the property and registration fees are paid by the buyer and not by the seller. Regarding Release Deed/Relinquish Deed/Gift Deed/Settlement Deed, on whose name stamp papers are to be purchased i.e., whether in the name of executant or claimant's name ?.Also who should pay the registration fees? Please advise

• ans It is important to know that while transferring ownership of property, a buyer needs to pay taxes in the form of Stamp Duty and Registration charges to their respective state government. These charges, however, vary from state to state. Some states collect different stamp duty from their rural and urban areas, whereas few other states provide discounts to female buyers of the property

Advocate Ishan Rohan

Madan Mohan Mandir, Ranchi

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services