My uncle residing forcefully in my house

My father had bought land in Muzaffarpur in 1998 on his own money as my grandfather died in 1988. He took home loan for building house and still paying EMI of loan. My uncle (father's own younger brother) lives in this house on my father's permission since 2007. Now we have to built another storey and asked my uncle to vacate the house. But he refused to do so and gave death threats to my family if we forced him to vacate. Can we vacate house legally and if yes then how??

Answers (2)

248 votes

If the property solely belongs to owned property of your a father then At present situation you have only one way to get vacated your house as per law to file an eviction suit before the competent court of civil jurisdiction showing your uncle as tenant

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

272 votes

You can file eviction suit for vacating your house.
You need to have all the papers of the property concerned,
And EMI of bank account paper.
You can get your home back from your uncle by doing this.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles