my mothers brothers are not giving correct money after partition.

my mothers brothers are not giving equal amount to my mother and her sisters after selling mothers grandfathers property they sold the property for 70 laks they are only giving only 5 laks to each sisters and keeping the rest of the money to themselves my mother has 4 sisters and 3 brothers what should we do

Answers (2)

191 votes

As per  Section 6 of the Hindu Succession Act, your mother and her sister  are also entitled for share in the land and that the sale deed executed by your uncles are illegal. 

We suggest you that your mother alongwith her sister shall   file suit for declaration and physical possession of the suit property.

Further in the said suit they should also seek declaration and challenge the  sale deed executed by their brother null and void  on the ground no consent was obtained by their brother for sale  property

347 votes

As all the brothers and sisters have an equal share in the property, your mother can sue the brothers for not giving her the due share. Before filing please make sure that you can prove in court that property was sold for Rs.70 lacs and not less.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles