Muslim lady claim share in father's property as will in brother's name

dear am a Muslim and I want to ask you about my father property, if my father make a will to my brother for his all property, then is there any law to claim to get my share from that property

Answers (2)

191 votes

No. Father can assign his property to any person of his choice when he is alive. Since he has executed a Will, you have to follow the assignments mentioned therein. If you can prove that the the Will was signed on the basis of any pressure or undue influence from your brother or if it was signed when your father was not in a sound state of mind to understand the contents therein, you can approach a court to set aside the Will. If you need any assistance, you may contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

234 votes

See the law of inheritance in Muslims is governed by the personal law which is guided by the Holy Quran. As per the law, a Muslim can only give 1/3 of his share of property as per his wish to whoever he wants. Rest of the 2/3 is governed by the Muslim Personal law.
Now, being a daughter you too are an inheritor in your father's property as a legal heir but your share will be only half of what your brother gets as per the law.
Accordingly you have a share in inheritance and you can't be denied any share in the property at all.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Some one has signed in my place in land register, my cousin brother is also involved in it.…

Read More

our family house reg. I got the official regd release deed from all my 9 brothers except one. He dont want to give me release.He goes legal for his sh…

Read More

My mother in law gifted my wife a villa/house. My brother in law also got another property from his father which he latter sold . My father in law die…

Read More

I and my father are Hindu and nominated by my Mother who passed away in 2016 for a flat. My Brother and Sister have no objection to sale of the flat. …

Read More