Mother want to gift the property to one child, how can others claim

My father bought a plot of land in the name of my mother. Father died in 2012. Mother wanting to gift the same to my younger sister(divorced). I am the only son and elder sister is married. Is there any way to claim some part of it?

Answers (2)

284 votes

If the property is in the name of your mother then she can gift the property during her lifetime to whoever she desire.

No there is no way to claim the propety unless, the same is in your fathers name.

89 votes

Yes. You can claim your share in the same. Since the proper advice shall require further details and substantial consultation, you may book a consultation with us.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles