Mother in law stopping me from becoming nominee for husband's property

My sister is having some family issues regarding the property. That is her mother in law does not want her husband to make the nominee of any of his policy or FD s. However, regarding this her husband is worried and want to secure her future buying LIC term policy. But I think this will not work as his mother may claim the half amount on his decease. Her mother in law is quite rich and not dependent on the son. Is there any way in which my sister can claim whole the property amount. What steps have to be taken to do that?

In your problem, mother in law do not have any right over her daughter in law moment. She doesn't have right to interfere in her move in between the husband and wife. It also amount to harassment.

As you told, it is possible there that her mother may claim in future in case of some bad event happens.

Sister cannot claim whole the property amount. Here the husband can do nominate of any one. It may be your sister name or your mother name too. It is left to the husband to nominate a person for his FD and other Policies.

In this case husband of your sister is free to make anyone nominee in the said benefits. Also, in case if he dies inestate then, his wife and his legal heirs are eligible to claim all the benefits accordingly, legal heirs of your husbands have the right to claim the benefits of your brother-in-law's post death benefits.