Maternal grandparents died interstate grandson wants to claim share

Maternal grand parents did not make will and left a bungalow worth 1 crore in Mehsana city of Gujarat India. Those grand parents has two daughters and one son. Son has a hold on property and those daughters are ashamed to ask for their share because they are from a good family .But one of the grand son (son of one of these daughters) is interested in have share for his mother...(even though mother does not want to file a case) ..can he grand son initiate an civil action on his own?

Answers (1)

234 votes

Daughters are entitled to Father's property, however it is for the daughter to file Partition Suit for property and not the grand son in isolation/sumo-to. The query suffers from details and hence reference regarding amendment to Sec 6 of Hindu Succession Act, 1956 as on 09/09/2005 could not be emphasize, if any, applicable.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles