Man died interstate without any children how to divide property

After death of an widow male person who will be legal owner of his property . the man has no son or daughter. He has one brother who is alive and three nephews of another deceased brother.

Answers (3)

53 votes

If the person , referred in the query, died leaving behind an intestate property, heirship of such property shall be decided by codified personal law (for Hindu-The Hindu Succession Act 2005) or the general Law (the Indian Succession Act 1925). In the instant case, class 2 heirship shall be applicable considering the deceased person was Hindu.Anyway without​ legal conference , any straight jacket any legal course of action​ can be suggested.For further instructions contact lawRato.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

195 votes

the property would be in the hands of the lone alive brother. if you can provide a correct family tree, it would be better to understand the situation and guide you properly. kindly arrange a face to face interaction so that I could guide you better.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
242 votes

Respected Sir/ Madam
I read your matter very carefully and I like to suggest you to file Civil case of Succession Certificate in nearest magistrate.
And there is also some other works to do.
I personally taken care and my team is always ready to help you at any stage of the case.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles