Lost of the original documents made between builder and 1st owner

I reside in Mumbai. Have misplaced the Original document between builder and 1st owner. I want to sell my flat but I need to complete the formalities for chain of documents which is required by the Buyer. Please advise on how should i go about.

Answers (2)

227 votes

In case if lost of original documents you need to make a police complaint , give public notification in minimum 3 newspapers and in regional language ..try to get a copy from the registrar office and get it verified

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

214 votes

You have to apply for the certified copy in the office of sub registrar where the document was registered. Then it complete the chain of documents. That document is needed for the title report. It takes time to get.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles