Legal remedy as mortgagor doesn't execute the sale deed

What steps must be taken when the mortgagor doesnt execute the sale deed, when there is a default in payment, even after a notice is served through RPAD.? The mortgage contract includes the power of sale clause without court intervention through transfer of property act.

Answers (2)

268 votes

1. There are few conditions for sale of mortgaged property without intervention of court (if such power conferred in mortgage deed)
(i) mortgage property situate within the towns of Calcutta, Madras, Bombay.
(ii) a notice requiring payment of the principal money has been served on the mortgagor, and for there months after such service.
2. If you fulfilled above terms, in order to exercise the power of sale. And it has few more steps to enforce the same.
3. And in other way you can file a suit for foreclosure.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

223 votes

First you need to issue a legal notice for the loan amount and interest. If the same is not paid then you will have to take steps in accordance with the law for effecting registration. Obviously you need to move the court for the same.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

there was a plot of 225 square yards divided in two equal parts(112.5 square yards) each having different owners.. in first part one house was constru…

Read More

Someone has advanced my mother for purchase her 2 storied buildiing, & she was the only onwer. But within 2 months of singing the advanced agreeme…

Read More

I am buying a flat in a Society. The seller is having stilt car parking for the said property.Whether the parking needs to be mentioned specifically i…

Read More

I had purchased a property in govt. auction. The sale deed was executed by S.D.M., Tehsildar and one of the trustee. This sale deed was executed in th…

Read More