legal procedure to challenge the will of my mother

In 1965 my father brought a property in my mother name. we are 3 brother and one sister. sister is died and all are us are retired from govt. job. my mother died recently and after her death we got to know that in 2015 my middle brother has made a will in which my mother give all the property to him. but all of us are living in separate house. no one was living with mother at that property. i want to ask that can i get my share in property. or can i challenge that will.

Answers (2)

184 votes

yes. the will can be challenged. But it needs to be seen, how the will is made, under what circumstances the will was prepared. Each and every aspect nees to be examined within the purview of law. It needs to be vetted properly.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

120 votes

Check date, signature or thumb impression on WILL carefully and try to prove that she was not sound mind or she was so ill and was not in position to give her free consent on the date when it was signed. suggest you to collect some medical prescriptions(if any) of Certified Medical practitioner around date mentioned on WILL.
For more suggestions please provide complete details and papers.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles