Legal notice received by brother to vacate the ancestral property

We are 5 brothers, my younger brother is operating his business and staying in the residence in our ancestrol property. I bought a shop in his name 16 years back and carrying out my business from the same premise. I bought it out of love from my brother. During division of property it was decided mutually that younger brother would operate from ancestrol property and I would be given the shop in rajkot, But now he is asking my to vacte the premise after 16 years when i asked hm to tran. prop. to my name. He has sent me notice to vacte in 7 days. Please help. I have witness of other 3 brothers of rajkot property being my. but no written agreement. Please help. he is demanding money also from me.

Answers (1)

343 votes

Do not leave ancestral property any how, your brother will file the case than you have to claim your part and claim ownership of shop which you bought a shop in his name 16 years back. You have not to worry. You can file criminal complaint if you prove that your brother is working as an agent or the servant for you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles