Legal document we should collect while buying property to register it?

What are the legal documents we must collect from the party to purchase the property and to register it in sub-register office......?

Answers (2)

306 votes

Previous Sale Deed/tiltle Deeds of the present Seller, Tax Paid reciepts, Khatha Certificate, Khatha Certificate, Conversion Order, EC, RTC, MR, Tippani, Atlas, Akarbandh, Village Map, Clerance Certificte (if any) etc...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

103 votes

You need to seek the previous sale deed, khata certificate and extract and recent tax paid receipt in order to register a property at SRO.
In order to carry out a title search of an apartment property you need mother document along with all the conveyance documents, khata, conversion order if any, tax paid, occupancy cerificate, floor plans, necessary approvals.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles