quesLegal action if no land development has been done by the developer

Dear sir I have purchased a plot in hesraghtta from one of the developer under gram panchayath limits. He suppose to develop the area but since 4 year he has not developed. Wat legal action can be taken. Due no development I am unable to sell.kindly suggest

  • ansLook into the agreement between you and the developer and if he had violated some terms mentioned in it, you can file a suit to nullify the agreement and claim damages due to you from him. Or you can file a specific performance suit to compel him to develop the area.

    Advocate Naveen Rafugar

      Kalaburagi, Gulbarga

  • ansIf you wish to enforce your agreement with the developer i.e., if you still want to retain the plot, you could move for filing a suit for specific performance against the developer provided the same is within the limitation period. If you wish to get your money back with interest then you could file a consumer dispute in the appropriate Consumer Forum.

    Advocate Ramakrishnan S.

      Cunningham Road, Bangalore

  • ansYou may send a legal notice to the developer seeking specific performance of contract. Before sending the legal notice, you need to see the remedy available for your under the contract / agreement signed with the developer. If the agreement provide any other alternative remedy (like penalty or compensation) you may have to explore that option. Also find out if the project is registered under RERA. You can also approach RERA authority for speedy resolution.

    Advocate Sudheer HM

      New BEL Road, Bangalore

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Our association has banned children playing in lobby and common area after 6pm. Is it…
My mother lend rs 3 lakhs to a person with an agreement over a 100…
Dear Sir, Our apartment Vasathi Anandi is a gated community with 7 Blocks in Hyderabad.…

I have a residential building gifted by my mother in 2006 ( area 5 satak…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Ramakrishnan S.

  Cunningham Road
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Get free assistance for your legal issue

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly

We're in News