Land bought by father but registered on brother's name can we claim

Sir, we are a joint family and my grandfather has two sons and one daughter and my father earned money on his own and bought some land but registered on his brother's name now my father's brother is not willing to give that land to my father or us.can we do any thing to get the land purchased by my we have any right on this required. please answer.

Answers (2)

61 votes

Not sure on why your father registered the property in the name of his brother.
Since the property was registered in the name of the brother, it is his absolute property.
However you can file a suit stating that the Property was brought using a portion of ancestral property, your father's income and hence the property in the name of the brother is an ancestral property and claim a share of the property.
Alternatively if your father can submit bank statements of him transferring the funds from his bank to his brothers account you can say that your uncle cheated your father and file a criminal / civil case against your uncle and claim your property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

312 votes

u do any thing to get the land purchased by you father.
But first u need to bring all the documents pertaining to land and show to the lawyer. So that we can suggest u in a properly . Feel free to contact the lawyer.
Nilesh Narania

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles