Is wife entitled to husband's property after his death

Hi, My Father in law died recently and my husband expired before my father-in-law death. so i just wanted to know whether i will be one of the legal-R candidate or not ? Also, i would like to know whether i will be getting the share which on behalf of my husband or not ?

Yes, no doubt you are entitled to the share of your husband with regard to the properties whether movable or fixed assets. Even a pre deceased son's wife and children if any do have rights under the Hindu law in respect of the husband share in the property.

Hi madam/sir.
You have full right to that property madam but that property inheritance property or your father in law own earned property mean you cliam

Assuming that you are a Hindu, you will get a share in your father in law's properties being his son's legal heir. In the present case, you will get the share that your husband was entitled to as you are class1 legal heir of your husband. If there are other class1 legal heirs too of your husband like his son or daughter then your husband's share of property will be distributed equally among all his class1 legal heirs