is there a time limitation to take possession of property won in case

In 1945 our grandfather won the case in one of the property. But it is not possible us to take position on that property & some other person is in position in said property also paying tax to that property. But we have 65 year back decree copy which we got from is there any time limitation to take position on that property.....?

Answers (2)

282 votes

If you have the copy of decree,  then you have title of the property. So on the basis of the decree you can take the possession of the property.

You submit the copy of decree and start paying the taxes. Also, you should contact the local police station and on the basis of same seek possession.

134 votes

Hi sir/madam, I am sorry to say that you are not having any rights because of your rights was lapsed under the provision of Limitation Act. The Decree may be executed with in the 12 years from the date of Decree. Your Decree is execute lapse since 53 years. After lapse of 54 years you can not execute it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles