Is sale deed between a father and a son valid? Need to mention amount?

My Uncle has got registered GPA on one of the property to sell. Now , my uncle wants to give that property to his son. So, he is planning to register on his son . But, since it is a sale deed between father and son, should the sale cost be mentioned? OR can we go ahead with registration with out mentioning the consideration value. But, we will be paying the stamp and registration charges. Also, in the GPA it is not mentioned to GIFT. That's why they are planning to register.

Answers (1)

92 votes

Hi sir/madam, if your uncle got the GPA of the said property and thereafter mutate the property in his name, it amounts to self acquired property of your uncle and your uncle may disposal his property as he like. Your uncle has to execute a Gift Deed infavour of his son, it is cheapest and the best with effective transfer his rights to his son and it is valid as per Transfer of Property Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles