Is NOC required from children for selling property?

Mere Daada ki death 2002 mai ho gai our mere PAPA ki death 2012 ho gai . ab mera CHACHA meri dadi milkar home ko sell kar rahe hai Jo Dada ke naam hai. Kya woh sell kar sakte hai hame bina bataye.??? Mein Delhi mai rehta hoo.. Our home Allahabad (up) mai hai.

Answers (3)

154 votes

If the property is purchased by your grandfather, then after his death your grandmother, your father your chacha and bua, if any , became the owners of the property in equal share. The share of your father will devolve upon your mother and you. None can sell the entire property without your consent. But please immediately file a civil suit to resttrain them from doing so otherwise complication may devlope.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

197 votes

Dear sir,
Kindly tell that Is it an ancestral property? in whose name the property was? Is the property in the name of your dadi, if so then she can either sell it or will it.
If the property was an ancestral property then by way of succession you can claim your right.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
320 votes

No technically they can not sell as your father too have share in the property. But you need to claim that share. You need to go Allahabad and file a suit for declaration of share and take stay on selling.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles