Is NOC required from all family members to sell the property

Is all family member NOC required ,time of selling property,my grand father registered will in favour me ,what is the value of registered will,and my cousin and other family member not giving noc ,what I do.

Answers (2)

166 votes

If u have registered will in ur favour which has been executed by ur grandfather then u have absolute rights over that property n u have the right to sell that property without taking consent/ No objection certificate from any of ur cousins or other family members. If it an agricultural property then can get ur name registered in the revenue records by way of mutation proceedings from tehsil.Although registered will has his own significance but still if u wish to substantiate it u can get the will probate from the court of District Judge.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

111 votes

If will is registered and everything is on your name then you don't need any ones NOC before selling. For more details I have to go through all your documents. Contact me for further advice/relief. Thank you.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles