quesIs it possible that wife of B party can execute power attorney(GPA)?

A Party paid full money to B party for the property purchase(property is in joint name of party B and his wife). B party have a wife and minor son. His wife is now suffering from some desises and admitted in hospital from past 3 months, doctor told she will not survive and she is not in position to walk also.

1. Is it possible that wife of B party can execute power attorney(GPA) in favor of B party(Her Husband) and then property can be registered to A Party?
2. If his wife dies, then can we able to do property registration with only B party, his son is minor?

  • ansThe wife can give a poeer of attorney but that requires registration. Any dicument involving transfer of ownership of immovable property requires registration. The wife can make a will where she can transfer her share to her husband. Will need not be registered and upon her demise, her husband can alone sell the property to you.

    Advocate Tanushree Sahani

      Jakkur, Bangalore

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir my grandfather have a son and two daughters both married. After the death of…
Hello sir i purchased a land in Derra bassi in 2012 that time we are…
I live in a housing society (ground + 3 floors). I have constant seepage from…
Hi Sir/Madam There is a property purchased by my dad from GPA holder in 1989…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly