Is a non-registered power of attorney made by my mother to me valid

Sir my father buy a plot in my mothers father expired in mother execute a power of attorny in my favor in1998 but its not mother also expired in my sister have any share.

Answers (2)

104 votes

There is no share for your sister as it was not defined during life time of your father and mother.Secondly your father passed away before 2005 and a power of attorney was left for you through your mother.Therefore you are the owner of the said plot legally.Please contact for further details thanks.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

184 votes

Hello, unregistered POA is not a valid document and in that case according to a successor you can claim that property always. As a second successor your sister can claim that property too, but incase if she has no objection then you will be the whole owner of that property.
Jayatee Chatterjee

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles