Is a non-registered power of attorney made by my mother to me valid

Sir my father buy a plot in my mothers name.my father expired in 1998.my mother execute a power of attorny in my favor in1998 but its not registered.my mother also expired in 2012.now my sister have any share.

There is no share for your sister as it was not defined during life time of your father and mother.Secondly your father passed away before 2005 and a power of attorney was left for you through your mother.Therefore you are the owner of the said plot legally.Please contact for further details thanks.

Hello, unregistered POA is not a valid document and in that case according to a successor you can claim that property always. As a second successor your sister can claim that property too, but incase if she has no objection then you will be the whole owner of that property.
Jayatee Chatterjee