In which authority mutation of property will be done

receive a free hold residencial house from my uncle by will (after his death) because they had no child . my house is free hold from k.d.a( 2003) uncle purchage this land from k.d.a in 1972.i want to know where i mutate this house in my name. k.d.a kanpur or kanpur nagar nigam or in both authority.

Answers (2)

215 votes

You can approach the K.D.A. KANPUR for mutation in your name thereafter you also move the application before nagar Nigam to mutate his name in the nagar nigam records. It is necessary to mutate your name in the KDA as well as nagar nigam.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

180 votes

Mere mutation is only for the purpose of taxation in the nagar nigam. It is advisible that you get it changed in both the authorities. Is the will registered or unregistered? If the will is registered, its less likely to get challenged.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles