In which authority mutation of property will be done

receive a free hold residencial house from my uncle by will (after his death) because they had no child . my house is free hold from k.d.a( 2003)kanpur.my uncle purchage this land from k.d.a in 1972.i want to know where i mutate this house in my name. k.d.a kanpur or kanpur nagar nigam or in both authority.

You can approach the K.D.A. KANPUR for mutation in your name thereafter you also move the application before nagar Nigam to mutate his name in the nagar nigam records. It is necessary to mutate your name in the KDA as well as nagar nigam.

Mere mutation is only for the purpose of taxation in the nagar nigam. It is advisible that you get it changed in both the authorities. Is the will registered or unregistered? If the will is registered, its less likely to get challenged.

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari