If I own 3/4th part of the land, can I apply for mutation

Our house had 4 parts, we had purchased 3 of 4 parts by court paper agreements 30years ago,but remaining 1 part has no owner left alive and we are using it for last 30years.There is no court case in that 1part property,Can i apply for mutation for whole?

Answers (3)

321 votes

you can apply for mutation but before that all the papers must be checked. without the papers it is not possible for me to guide you or advice you correctly. thus, you must share all the details of the said property in order to get the correct and accurate suggestion.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

89 votes

Since you have been using the said 1/4th portion without disturbance for such a long time, you can claim your right for adverse possession and if such right is recognized by the Court in your favour, you become the owner of the total property, then you should get the mutation and nutation shall be granted without objection. All the best. Regards

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
213 votes

Yes you can apply for mutation for the share of land you own. You need to come to our office for further consultation. We will provide you the best remedy for your problem. You need to carry your documents.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My dad's cousin purchased a plot from main owner in 1987 on General Power of attorney (gpa) which is irrevocable mentioned in papers with consideratio…

Read More

My grandfather died in sept, 2009. He had two properties. He left behind his wife(my grandmother), 2 daughters and 1 son. The son is independent and m…

Read More

total 8 nos owner of this land, 5nos owner gift me & another 3 nos gift my Brother but problem is there is no partition deed ,there is normal regi…

Read More

Sautela bhagina aur mama ke Bich property ka 1/4 share ke liye judge court me 2014 se case chal rha.Humane 2003 or 2012 me do property kharide uske ma…

Read More