I made my property after years of hard work. Does son have right in it

I am 62 year old man I am living with my wife and two sons .I have small property in Delhi (50 gaj plot) not registered but POA is on my name I bought after my retirement with my clearness money now I don't have any thing except my property this is last thing for my survival .but after marriage of my elder son he and his wife daily fight with us and abuse me and my wife and some time we feel they beat us . They don't want to live with us but not going and asking half money of my property .they want I sell this property and will give him half money of property. Do they legally have right in the property?

Answers (2)

161 votes

Dear Concerned,
If you have purchased the property from your own funds, then you are the sole owner of the same. Your son cannot claim any right in such property. You can sell it off also, Since the purchase by you is not through a Regd. Deed, you may have to execute a similar document for selling it further. Check if the area is not regularised.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

114 votes

Dear Sir,

They have no right in the property. As you have stated that it is your self acquired property which you have bought out of your hard earned money therefore as per law your son and his wife has no right in the property and you are legal correct if you do not give any portion to them and keep it all for yourself .

As far as they abusing and fighting with you is concerned please take the help of local police.

Please feel free contact for further advice.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles