I can came share in property in my maternal ancestral property

I have 6 acres of land which is came from my maternal grandtather. My mother is only daughter to her dad. So all the property(6 acres) land is belongs to my mother. But 3 acres out 6 acres is on the documents. It is not even registered on my grandfathe's name. I dont know on whose name it is registered. I m not getting what to do.plwase help me how can i get my land. Thank you sir......ll

HI
You should check the records at Mandal revenue office or at sub-registrar office by obtaining an Encumbrance certificate.
If you have the survey numbers and boundaries of the properties, then it will be easy for you to trace the ownership of land.
since your grand father was in possession of 3 acres, you can also claim ownership of the land by virtue of adverse possession.