Husband unemployed can daughter ask a share in grandfather property

Sir there is a case 498 A and domestic violence ,and I have a five years old daughter ,my husband is unemployed and he is only son for their question daughter eligible. To take property from her grandparents which is her fore fathers property not being purchased by the grand parents .kindly tell the rights of my daughter?

Answers (3)

311 votes

Hello mam,

The daughters have every right to share with her ancestral property. But as you said your daughter is minor this time . Then she can claim her share after get mojrty. For restraining your in laws to stop to sell the property you can file injunction application before civil court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

200 votes

As per Indian Law you can't claim for your daughter's right in the property of your husband's forefather's property.
But you can file a separate case under Section 125 of the Criminal Procedure Code against Husband for maintenance of Wife & Daughter.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
127 votes

Right in your father's share in the property that remains partitioned till date.
You have a right in your father's share in the property that remains unpartitioned till date.
The latest supreme court judgment will not be applicable to this position.
Further this property which belonged to your grandfather shall not be considered as ancestral property in your hand.
The share of your father out of his father's property shall be his absolute property in which as his child and one of the legal heirs, you are entitled to an equal share as per the succession laws.
You can seek partition and separate possession of your share in the property, if they dont agree or not willing for an amicable partition or arrangement, you may aproach court for relief and remedy.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles