How will property be divided after fathers death, he died instate

Father died in 2016 leaving behind without will one house legal heirs -2 Sons married one daughter married one wife widow .So The daughter has equal rights in the property One son and widow wife is living in the house so how much is the share of the person in the house property The son is l since childhood what will be the share of that son living in the house taking care of father and now window mother . Does he had more rights in the house property please explain thanks

Answers (1)

123 votes

The property of a Hindu male dying intestate, or without a will, would be first distributed to heirs within Class I.

The following relations are considered to be Class I heirs:

Son/Daughter of a pre-deceased son (pre-deceased means “already Dead”).
Son/Daughter of a pre-deceased Daughter.
Widow of a pre-deceased son.
Son/Daughter of a pre-deceased son of a pre-deceased son (3 levels).
Widow of a pre-deceased son of a predeceased son.

The widow (or widows), mother and each child(son or daughter, the law makes no distinction) take equal shares. Where one or more of such sons or daughters are no more, then, the Class 1 heirs in that branch will all jointly stand in the place left behind by such deceased son or daughter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles