How will grandfathers property be divided if father is alive ?

Sir My father along with his brothers partitioned ancestral property in 1960 after his father's death. He has 2 children me and my brother. He is alive. Does his share still count as ancestral property or self-acquired? Can he write a will as per his wish? Will it be valid? Do we children have any right to his property by birth? We are a Hindu family.

After partition takes place the share come under self aquired property. Once self aquired he can write will to whom so ever he likes if not any such alianation then you and your brother are legal heirs.

My father along with his brothers partitioned ancestral property in 1960 after his father's death. He has 2 children me and my brother. He is alive. Does his share still count as ancestral property or self-acquired? Can he write a will as per his wish? Will it be valid? Do we children have any right to his property by birth? We are a Hindu family.
YES