How to transfer one's share in self acquired property

28-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
My great grand mother registered the land to my father and his brother through sale deed father want to share but my uncle refused to father want to gift deed/settle deed /will deed his share of land to my mother due to his health declining.pls give suggestion Hindu
Answers (2)

Answer #1
854 votes
Your father as well as your uncle are the equal owners of the property by virtue of the sale deed. So he can transfer his share of the property as per his wish. If he wants to transfer the property at present then he can do so by way of a gift deed, sale deed etc.
However, if he wants the property to go to your mother after his death then he will have to execute a will wherein he can mention that his entire share in the property would go to his wife after his death
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
910 votes
As you both have equal share in the property so you can not sale the land without convensing other partner to over come this you have to apply for equal division or partion of land then you both have diffrent account in land record in that case you can sale your part.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."