How to stop neighbour from encroaching our property

Neighbour next door has been illegally encroaching and building against the local corporation laws. Extending towards the road causing nuisance and disturbance to us . With constant noise pollution and air pollution disturbing through the day . Damaging our property as well . How do I go ahead in stopping this.Please share your insights .

Answers (2)

275 votes

issue legal notice to the neighbour asking him to remove the encroachment and also complaint to the Local bodies. Further course of action is to file suit for easementary rights and injunction. Details of the property and approved map and show the encroached area.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

128 votes

We could file a permanent injunction suit against the said person restraining them from encroaching and building against the corporation laws. Also, in the present suit, we could file an Interim application for temporary injunction which will be heard and granted in your favour in one days time.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles