How to remove name of a co-owner of house if property not registered

I have booked a flat as a sole owner in 2015 then I married in early 2016 and made my wife Co sharer in January 2017 due to her insistence but relationships between us deteriorated and I divorced her in September 2017. Now I approached builders to delete her name as co owner but builder is saying signatures of both spouses is required. The property is still under construction and not yet registered.

Answers (2)

276 votes

It is correct that both the spouses' signature is required. But you can make an Court Affidavit showing that you have booked the flat, then induced the name of your wife and thereafter your divorce was made. All the things must be accompanied by proper papers. I hope thereafter the name of your wife would be deleted. If not then you have to move before the competent Court Authority in order to secure your remedy.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

240 votes

Without perusing the terms and conditions of purchase agreement,I am not sure what are the compelling circumstances to continue her would be ownership right in the property under reference.I wish to peruse the property related documents and the divorce decree.Please contact lawRato for further instructions.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles