How to recover money from builder who took as maintenance advance

My Builder has taken the Maintenance Advance from me, later they handed over the project to Association. Now Association has informed me that Builder has not given the Maintenance amount to them so they asked me to pay it again and take the refund from Builder. I have contacted executives from Builders side but they are replying. I'm helpless what to do now.

Answers (2)

213 votes

Hi ,
Have you taken a receipt from the builder towards maintainence fees , then you can file a cheating case under sec 420 of IPC against the builder .......................................................

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

325 votes

1. Assuming the project is RERA approved, So, issue legal notice to builder for the refund in stipulated time.

2. In case, if the refund not returned then approach consumer court to file recovery suit.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles