How to get property after the death of father

My dad is no more now, and without me he has 4 other legal heirs. But the property is registered on my father name. Now the paternal property has been occupied by my elder brother and he made 2 new rooms and a garage in our house without building sanctioned plan by area municipality. And I gave a written complain to the chairman of the municipality, but the engineer of this municipality told me, they can’t do anything, I should go to court. What should exactly do?

Answers (2)

182 votes

There is no legal provision under the Bengal Municipal Act to regularize the unauthorised construction. Certainly, the construction made without any sanctioned plan, is an unauthorised construction. Hence an unauthorised construction is a must to be demolished by law. Once you have already intimated the Municipality that there has been unauthorised construction, it has to be demolished. If they do not do you approach the Calcutta High Court and pray for demolition of the same. The Hon'ble High Court on many of matters directed demolition of unauthorised construction. All the best. Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

164 votes

You need to file a title suit in the district civil court or you can file a writ petition for police in action in the high court for further legal remedy. You need to come to our office with all the necessary documents so that we can guide you properly

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles