×

quesHow to get estimate of property price that is being partitioned

My father would inherit a share in family properties. There are 25 shares in those properties. Bacause he is physically not well, it is not possible for us to get the estimates of property price and family members may betray us (and may not give us a penny) as we'll not be part of the deal with the buyers/builders. Is there any way to get our share correctly without much involvement? Can somebody (any agency) deal with the legal matters on our behalf (at some cost) as he doesn't want to speak in family matters. Is there any way to get our correct share of the properties sold without any hassle

The share of the property cannot be determined unless we know the tree of the family.

As per Hindu Succession Act the shares are given,for the value you can take the property card or the sale deed to the registrar where the documents are registered for transfer where he can give the government value of the whole property.

Thereafter as per your share you can calculate your value of the property .

Also, you can get the property evaluated through an agency. We suggest you to engage lawyer who will assist you to get your property evaluated. 

The lawyer will further help you negotiate with your family member and can also draft a family settlement agreement thereby defining your share

• ansYes, you can get the property evaluated through an agency. We suggest you to engage lawyer who will assist you to get your property evaluated.

• ansThe share of the property cannot be determined unless we know the tree of the family,who is father who is the brother,as per Hindu Succession Act the shares are given,for the value you can take the property card or the sale deed to the registrar where the documents are registered for transfer where he can give the government value of the whole property ,thereafter as per your share you can calculate your value of the property .

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi