How to file case for illegal construction by neighbor

31-May-2023 (In Property Law)
I live in DDA flat ground floor . My neighbours on first and second floor have raised illegal constructions by extending chhajja and full third floor(illegal floor). Can I lodge an FIR against my neighbours under section 336 IPC(endangering human life) and Section 461 and 466A of DMC Act. If yes what is procedure. Shall I approach court or directly Delhi Police will lodge an FIR.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
783 votes
For the query you posted, I would suggest the following:

Indeed you can always file a case before the concerned adjudicating authority for their wrongful acts done.
Further there are plenty of similar remedies available to you in this context.

I hope that answers your query.


Answer #2
710 votes
You have both the remedies available to you. You can consider filing a criminal complaint and also a suit in the court having appropriate jurisdiction. We suggest to seek an urgent interim measure to prevent additional construction. Kindly contact us to initiate action.
Answer #3
928 votes
If your neighbors are doing illegal act you can instantly move a complaint in MCD nad DDA besides this you can go ahead and file a civil suit for restraining them from doing any further illegal act you can also seek damages and demolition of the same through same.Please contact for further details thanks.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."