How to enforce rights on ancestral property

My mother was expire so i want my mother external property from farther of my mother

Answers (2)

111 votes

Dear it's depend upon the type of property, if there is agricultural property then you have to go to patwari in your local Tehsil with death certificate of your mother . There are some formalities which you have to complete. There is no big issue they put your name in their registered which they maintain for property & revenue record.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

236 votes

You must file a civil suit before the relevant civil court. Your mother's share has passed to you and your siblings, and you are entitled to claim an undivided share as a result. You may then sell the undivided share or seek division of the property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles