how to determine the Hissa of the property?

we are having possession of 4.25 gunats agril land more than 54 years from 1964 and recorded in form no 10 and hissa survey records but, it is less in records of rights 4.04 guntas since 1954 we are in dilemma whether records of rights determines title of ownership or hissa survey records or possession of land determines title of ownership?

Answers (2)

151 votes

We suggest that you  visit at the Tasildar office and check what is the exact area of land is mentioned in the said record.

Further we suggest that you should also file an application thereby mentioning the above mentioned fact and categorically state that in Form No. 10 and hissa survey records the area was mentioned as 4.25 gunats and thus ask for rectification.

If they fail to take action or respond, we suggest that you should file a Writ Petition thereby seeking rectification in the area of land

315 votes

Hi sir/madam, you have to collect all the revenue documents in respect of the above said property, if you have already possession of the said land you have to entered into written partition among the all members of the family who is legal heirs and transferred the rights to them. The Records of Rights is only indication of property in your name and it is not determine the title, if you want title in this regard you have to collect the RTC and flow of title documents to enter your names and transferred the rights t on you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles