how to challenge illegal joint property sale by mother without RD

Dear Sir, My father died interstate without a WILL and has left a flat without any nominees. My mother pressurized me to relinquish my share as a co-owner. I agreed to relinquish my share via email initially under pressure but eventually did not actually sign a release deed as I found them cheating. Later my mother sold the flat without informing me and without any release deed. Is this sale valid now and can I challenge it in the Court ? can you suggest a lawyer

Answers (2)

479 votes

If the said flat is purchased out of joint family income by father in his name both of You are have right in the said flat. Further just see who was nominee if flat is in society. Its also to be looked if the Flat was in joint name of father and mother. 

As far as challenging the sale, you have every right to challenge said sale deed and your share in said flat by filing civil suit for partition and challenging the sale deed too.

100 votes

sir, you can intiate civil as well as criminal proceeding against your mother and all the other persond witnessed, signed the said deed and very well challenge the so called deeeds in the courts of law. on perusal of your story it definately prima facie attracts the criminal offence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles