How to buy a land in India if I stay abroad

I am staying in USA ,and parents all are staying in india,I want to by a land for me in india. So please advise me what is the legal procedures buy a land my name and register my name.

Answers (3)

146 votes

You will need a registered POA (power of attorney) stating you father or mother as your constituted attorney and they on your behalf will sign the relevant paper and in the registry office your name will be there as the buyer of property... for registration we will charge 1 % of the valuation of your property and for the POA, which we will registered too we will charge you 30 thousand + miscellaneous ...if you are interested call us through lawrato...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

55 votes

yes you can do this as you will be an NRI. you have to consult and make a drafting through an advocate who deals in real estate matter. you have to select a plot or house or flat for the same and got it registered by through the advocate.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
154 votes

Yea you can purchase land in your name. You have to came over here for one time or your authorised person can purchase that plot on behalf. In this process we need ROC. Without ROC you can't Purchase plot at India. For further assistance contact me. 9 8 7 4 8 2 2 8 2 6

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles