How is the property divide after parent's death

My parent has left property behind them without any will -- how is the prop;perty divided among brother and sister

Answers (2)

71 votes

By executing a partition deed all the brothers and sisters are equal share among your family
By filing the partition suit by court of law
By filing the succession suit among our property

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

305 votes

If the property stands in the name of your parents then you all legal heirs can file a suit for partition in this regard as per the jurisdiction where the property is situated, all entitle for share in the property .

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles