How can my father transfer his property to my name

My Father a Retired Air Force Officer wants to transfer his flat owned in Sector 21, Noida ( AFNHB to my name. Does he execute a gift deed or would the entire stamp duty have to be paid. Would request for advice and inputs

Answers (2)

312 votes

your father can transfer his owned property by execute a gift deed , yes you have to pay stamp duty according to sector rate and secondly your father can also execute a will deed after his death,
you don't have to pay any stamp duty

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

284 votes

First of all please see whether flats of AFNHB allowed to be transfered or not. Coz in most of the cases such properties can only be transferred by succession.
Make sure about it and if there is no such bar to transfer then he can gift it to you.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles