How can I buy my mothers house if I am a foreign citizen

My mother had an house in Pondicherry but she died 1989. We are three children and i am the older daughter. Since then the house was taken care of by brother and then by me from 2007. I spend about 15 lakhs to restore the house because it is very old. I would like to buy the house but i am not in good terms with my little brothers. I would like to know the procedures. Moreover we all live in France and have french nationality. Thank you for tour concern. Regards.

Answers (1)

313 votes

You cannot buy the property as you are a cosharer. You can obtain a release from your siblings, Since you are not in talking terms with your brother you have to approach the court for filling a suit for partition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles