House bought by me in father's name, brothers claiming their share

Hi Respected, I purchased land and constructed my home with my own money, but i purchased land on name of my Father. Father died without leaving any will. We are four brothers and now they are asking for their share from land and house. But they never given any money for purchasing and building house. I purchased land in 1988 and house was built till 1990 and my Father died in 1992. Till last year my brothers were not asking anything but from this year they are asking for their share even they did not put any money. Even my brother are living separately with their families. They are just taking advantage of name of our father on the paper of land. Please help me to protect my land and House.

Answers (1)

162 votes

You have a case. Refuse to bow down to the demand made by your brothers. I think you must have transcition details of the purchase of land. Contact a good lawyer, apprise him about all facts and act accordingly as per his advice

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles