×

House bought by me in father's name, brothers claiming their share

Hi Respected, I purchased land and constructed my home with my own money, but i purchased land on name of my Father. Father died without leaving any will. We are four brothers and now they are asking for their share from land and house. But they never given any money for purchasing and building house. I purchased land in 1988 and house was built till 1990 and my Father died in 1992. Till last year my brothers were not asking anything but from this year they are asking for their share even they did not put any money. Even my brother are living separately with their families. They are just taking advantage of name of our father on the paper of land. Please help me to protect my land and House.

You have a case. Refuse to bow down to the demand made by your brothers. I think you must have transcition details of the purchase of land. Contact a good lawyer, apprise him about all facts and act accordingly as per his advice